Friday, March 29, 2013

The first blogger move

I have decided, not because I think I am the best blog in the west, but because I love when my posts get a bunch of page views and I almost pee my pants when I get comments, that I want to dip my toe into the blogger world.  If you don't have a blog this post will sound like gibberish to you, because honestly it is still sort of gibbery to me, but I am learning.  I promise this will be the last time I talk about "blogging" for a while.  If you aren't interested in bloging, just do a shot everytime you hear the words: blog, blogger, or blogging, and you will forget you ever read this...start at the very beginning obviously.

I have done my fair share of blog stalking.  I have discovered there is crazy shit out there like buttons, and linkups, and sponsors...who the heck knew.  I thought it was like livejournal used to be back in high school where you just wrote stories and people read them, and then it sometimes lead to drama in the hallway.

I've learned there is like a secret society of blogs somewhat like the skulls from that movie with Joshua Jackson.  You might have to eat a goldfish or something to get in and I am definitely not ready for all that, but I am going to take a baby step or two.  I want to be more like the waterboy than part of the actual team for now I think.

Upon researching these cults, I have found blogs that I really love.  I have also found many I do not like at all, some bitc*es be full of themselves.  I have realized I do want this blog to get out there, I want to be accountable for keeping it updated and I want people to read it because I like doing it.  I do not want to learn all about html and other technical stuff (at least not right now).  I don't want to become bff's with every blog out there, just the ones I think are awesome.  I don't want this to be a job or a business, I just like it. I also really like some of you bloggers, just from reading your posts. 

Especially if you are snotty or borderline alcoholic...I like you guys a lot!

So what is the first blogger move you don't ask?? Well, I decided to try this whole sponsoring on a blog thing.  I bit the bullet and contacted the first two ladies' blogs who were ever nice to me and my personal faveorites. Most likely if you read my blog you read theirs, but in case you are insane and don't check out Helene and Stephanie.  They both have dogs and love booze, so naturally I like them. If there are others out there you recommend, I welcome your suggestions.  I also apologize in advance to anyone who I decide to inquire with about sponsoring, because I am a total moron when it comes to the subject.  I do not know how to make a button or any of that, so good luck with me...I do have a credit card however, so you might want to jack up your prices real quick.

5 comments:

Chelsee W said...

I too love the slightly snobby borderline alcoholic bloggers! I also love steph & helene! If you ever need any help making buttons or linkup, passionfruitads..etc just ask! I will be happy to help:)

Southern Sass said...

I'm nowhere near as cool as Helene but if you ever need help with anything if I know how I will help. When you get a button I would love to put it on my blog too.

kathy @ vodka and soda said...

i recently started following helene and stephanie is hilarious.

i also love stalking blogs but i also give the new blogs i follow 3 attempts to make a connection... what i mean is, if after 3 times of trying to interact with the author (via comments etc) and i don't get a response back, i unfollow and close that connection.

Suzzette said...

I love your blog! I turned one of my co-workers on to your blog too. :-D

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

I'm like you, I stroll the blogosphere looking for alcoholic ranters that don't have traces of DIY anywhere! I'm much better when I don't have DIY projects near me. I make a mess, and spill the wine.